Thursday, May 31, 2007

MOMS

My poor mom fell last week in the kitchen and shattered all the bones in her left wrist. She is in so much pain, even with painkillers and a cast! Doctor orders are that she stay in bed for a week and not to move around too much since if the bones set wrong, they have to break it and re-set it again!

So, DH and I have been there every night to make dinner for the family since my dad doesn't really cook nor does my brother. I'm so glad to be able to help out since my mom has ALWAYS done so much for me.

It really makes me stop and think how fragile life is, and how things can happen in a split second. Take a minute to stop what you're doing (it's never really as important in the future), call your mom and tell her how much you love her and give her a big hug. Or if you're Asian*, give her a hug and tell her how much you love her anyways!!!

* since most Asians don't show public displays of affection-- at least not the ones I know. Trust me. When I was on a student exchange in high school, I was the only Asian in the group. At the airport, all the other students and parents were hugging, kissing and crying. My parents and I looked at each and said "bye". : )

No comments: